
Have you fallen off the wagon yet? I did a little research and this phrase supposedly originated in the prohibition era. Horse drawn water carts were used to keep the dust down on the streets and men who had sworn off liquor would rather jump on the water wagon to get their drink then to break their vow. On to my next wagon, the "bandwagon". Jumped on any bandwagons lately? If you don't jump on any wagons there will be none to fall off. What is my point? Well when it comes to food and diets we are usually too quick to latch on to the next best thing, the newest yet somehow most tried and true method to come before us. We often pay more attention to what someone else has done and the results that they have gotten and less to what we are or are not doing ourselves. If you hope to ever have a sustainable diet it must be something that works for you...YOU. It will take hard work,there will definitely be some missteps and some lessons learned but you want and need all of them. You need to see how the various diets fit you, not how you fit the diets. When it all boils down, the fact that you are making a concerted effort to eat "pretty good", "healthy", or "right" is what counts; and it is what you can count on for a better future.
Also I would just like to mention that the above illustration was the only one I could find that came close to what I was going for- but I think the fact that the wagon is labeled "The Wagon" is as ridiculous as the written sound effect of "ka-bump!".
No comments:
Post a Comment